Let op; onderstaande teksten zijn in het Engels weergegeven, dit is een kopie van de voorwaarden van de verhuurder.
Mocht je vragen hebben dan kun je contact met ons opnemen.
VEHICLE LIABILITY AND LIABILITY REDUCTION OPTION
Personal injury is covered in most cases through Registration Third Party Insurance. Britz does not accept any liability for personal injuries sustained during the rental. Except where such loss or damage is caused by Britz’s (or that of its employees) own negligence or breach of the Britz Rental Agreement Terms and Conditions, Britz does not accept liability for any loss or damage to any personal belongings or property of the Customer (or any person or entity related to the customer). Britz strongly recommends that the customer takes out personal travel insurance to cover any injury or loss.
# In the USA a liability is referred to as the “deductible”.
All vehicles are insured for the damage to the vehicle or to the property of a third party. The customer is responsible for the first $5,000 (“the liability”) for the HiTop and the Voyager campervans, $7,500 (“the liability”) for all other 2WD campervans and $8,000 (“the liability”) for the 4WD products; of the cost of any damage to third party property or to the rented vehicle, including single vehicle accident (does not include single vehicle roll over), windscreen and tyre damage, towing and recovery costs, theft, fire, break-in or vandalism with the exception of the ‘Exclusions’. Where the damage is the customer’s fault, this also includes the cost of the daily rental for the period the vehicle is being repaired. In addition to these costs, an administration fee of $60 may apply, per claim. The liability applies in respect of each claim, not rental. The $5,000, $7,500 or $8,000 liability can be reduced by purchasing the Liability Reduction Option or the Britz Inclusive Pack.
1 Liability Reduction Option
Cost per day Liability reduced to
2WD campervans $45 (maximum charge $2,250) NIL
4WD Safari Landcruiser & Outback $49 (maximum charge $2,450) $500
When the vehicle hired is a 2WD campervan and the Liability Reduction Option has been purchased, the hirer will have no liability at all with the exception of the exclusions.
When the vehicle hired is a 4WD and the Liability Reduction Option has been purchased, the hirer will be responsible for the first $500 (the liability) of the cost of damage to third party property or to the rented vehicle. This includes single vehicle accident, windscreen and tyre damage, towing and recovery costs, theft, fire, break-in or vandalism with the exception of the exclusions.
Customers hiring a 4WD who have not purchased 4WD Max Cover will be responsible for up to $8,000 for towing and vehicle recovery costs in the event that towing and vehicle recovery is required from a 4WD road where permission was provided from Britz in order to travel on the roads (refer to the road restrictions section for a list of these roads where permission is required before travel).
The maximum public liability is $20,000,000, sub limits may apply. Please note that the maximum public liability may change during the course of the year for which these terms apply.
BRITZ STRONGLY RECOMMENDS OUR CUSTOMERS TAKE THE BRITZ INCLUSIVE PACK FOR TRAVEL WITH PEACE OF MIND.
FOR 4WD RENTALS BRITZ STRONGLY RECOMMENDS OUR CUSTOMERS TAKE THE BRITZ INCLUSIVE PACK WITH 4WD MAX COVER FOR TRAVEL WITH PEACE OF MIND.
If the Liability Reduction Option or the Britz Inclusive Pack is not taken, the customer must pay the Liability Deposit. The Liability Deposit is $5,000 for the HiTop and Voyager, $7,500 for all other 2WD campervans or $8,000 for a 4WD, and is applicable regardless if the hirer has purchased private travel insurance.
When the vehicle hired is a 4WD and the Liability Reduction Option or the Britz Inclusive Pack has been purchased the Liability deposit is $500.
The customer must provide a valid credit card or debit card to pay the Liability Deposit and the amount will be debited to the customer’s credit card or debit card on the day of vehicle collection. The credit or debit card holder must be present and able to sign for the Liability Deposit upon vehicle collection. The credit or debit card holder is jointly and severally liable for any damage to the rental vehicle. Any type of pre-paid travel card is not acceptable as a means to provide a Liability Deposit.
The Liability Deposit is subject to a 2% credit card administration fee in addition to the Liability Deposit amount when the card used is either a Visa credit or debit card or MasterCard credit or debit card, or 2.8% when the credit card used is American Express. The credit card administration fees are subject to change.
The Liability Deposit is fully refundable, including the 2% credit card administration fee, if the card used to provide the Liability Deposit is a Visa credit or debit card or MasterCard credit or debit card, provided the Vehicle is returned undamaged. Britz recommend that customers use a Visa credit or debit card or MasterCard credit or debit card for the Liability Deposit, as the credit card administration fee that applies when using American Express credit card is not refundable.
Only Visa credit or Visa debit card, MasterCard credit or MasterCard debit card, or American Express credit card are acceptable to use for the purpose of the Liability Deposit.
The Liability Reduction Option will not apply and the customer is responsible for all costs arising out of, or incurred in connection with:
1. Any damage caused by wilful misconduct (e.g. sitting or standing on the bonnet or roof of the vehicle) and driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs and negligence resulting in damage to the hired vehicle or third party vehicle/property. 2. Any loss or damage to any personal belongings or property of the customer (or any person or entity related to the customer), except where such loss or damage is caused by Britz’s (or that of its employees) own negligence or breach of the Britz Rental Agreement Terms and Conditions. Britz recommends the customer does not leave valuables in the vehicle and that they take out personal travel insurance.
3. Any damage where the customer is charged by the local authorities for being careless, showing gross negligence or willfulness in failing to abide by the local road rules, resulting in damage to the hired vehicle or third party vehicle/property.
4. Retrieving or recovering a vehicle, which may include, but is not limited to a vehicle that has become bogged, submerged, caught, trapped, stuck or restricted in any way and/or has been abandoned.
5. Replacing keys, which have been lost or stolen, or retrieval of keys which have been locked in a vehicle.
6. Any overhead and underbody damage to the 2WD vehicle however caused, except where Liability Reduction Option or the Britz Inclusive Pack has been purchased.
7. Any overhead and underbody damage to the 4WD Vehicle however caused, except where 4WD Max Cover has been purchased.
8. Any single vehicle roll over except where the Britz Inclusive Pack has been purchased.
9. Any towing and vehicle recovery costs (up to $8,000) from a 4WD road where permission is required in advance from Britz in order to travel, where the Customer has not purchased 4WD Max Cover.
10. Damage caused to the vehicle because total load (kg) has exceeded recommended load as stated in vehicle manual. Vehicles are not to be used for the purpose of transporting and haulage of goods other than what might be reasonably expected of a leisure rental.
11. Damage caused by drivers not identified on the rental agreement and/or drivers whose licence that has been cancelled or suspended and/or drivers who have a licence that is classified as a learners or probationary licence. 12. Any damage caused to the vehicle due to the incorrect use of snow chains.
13. Any damage associated with the incorrect use of fuel (fuel being diesel or petrol) this includes Bio-Diesel which should not be used, or water or other contamination of fuel. 14. Any water related damage which includes, but is not limited to, vehicle submersion, contact with salt water, creek or river crossings (applies to 2WD vehicles), driving through flooded areas and beach driving.
15. The customer has fitted accessories (as provided by Britz or otherwise) to the vehicle incorrectly or otherwise in a manner which causes damage to the vehicle, the accessories or any other vehicle or property.
16. Using the vehicle in contravention of any legislation or regulation controlling vehicular traffic.