VerzekeringLet op; onderstaande teksten zijn in het Engels weergegeven, dit is een kopie van de voorwaarden van de verhuurder.
Mocht u vragen hebben dan kunt u contact met ons opnemen.
Personal injury is covered in most cases through Registration Third Party insurance. KEA does not accept any liability for personal injuries sustained during the rental and recommend that the hirers has personal travel insurance to also cover for the loss/damage of personal belongings. KEA strongly recommends the hirer does not leave valuables in the vehicle.
An administration fee of AU$60 may apply to process each accident claim.
# In the USA a liability is referred to as the deductible.
All KEA vehicles are insured for the damage to the vehicle or to the property of a Third Party. The hirer will not have to pay any liability at all for any damage to the vehicle or property of a Third Party with the exception of the exclusions. This cover includes unlimited tyre and windscreen cover, overhead and under-body as well as single vehicle accident and single vehicle rollover damage.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE HIRER
All liability cover will be made void if any of the following Exclusions are breached:
1. Damage caused to the vehicle because total load (kg) has exceeded recommended load as stated in vehicle manual. Vehicles are not to be used for the purpose of transporting and haulage of goods other than what might be reasonably expected of a leisure rental.
2. Any water related damage which includes, but is not limited to:
a) any vehicle submersion
b) creek or river crossing
c) driving through flooded areas
d) beach driving
3. Personal belongings. KEA recommends the customer does not leave valuables in the vehicle and that they take out travel insurance to cover for the loss/damage of personal belongings.
4. Any damage caused by wilful misconduct (e.g. sitting or standing on the bonnet or roof of the vehicle) and driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs and negligence resulting in damage to the hired vehicle or third party vehicle/property.
5. The customer is deemed by local authorities to have been careless, negligent or wilful in failing to abide by the local road rules, resulting in damage to the hired vehicle or third party vehicle/property.
6. Damage caused to the vehicle due to the use of snow chains.
7. The Customer will be liable for any damage associated with the incorrect use of fuel (fuel being diesel or petrol), includes Bio-Diesel which should not be used, or water or other contamination of fuel.
8. The cost to retrieve or recover a vehicle, which may include, but is not limited to a vehicle that has become bogged, submerged, caught, trapped, stuck or restricted in anyway and/or has been abandoned.
9. The cost to replace keys, which have been lost or stolen, or retrieval of keys, which have been locked in a vehicle.
10. The vehicle rented may only be used to carry the maximum number of passengers as dictated by the vehicle type. If more passengers are carried than what is allowed KEA does not accept any liability.
11. Drivers not identified on the rental agreement and/or drivers that have a licence that has been cancelled or suspended and/or drivers who have a licence that is classified as a learners or probationary licence.
12. The customer has fitted accessories (as provided by KEA or otherwise) to the vehicle incorrectly or otherwise in a manger which causes damage to the vehicle, the accessories or any other vehicle or property.
13. Using the vehicle in contravention of any legislation or regulation controlling vehicular traffic.
14. Any damaged caused to the vehicle by hail, flood, fire, storm, cyclone or other natural disasters.