Let op; onderstaande teksten zijn in het Engels weergegeven vanwege het mogelijk verkeerd interpreteren van de voorwaarden.
Mocht u vragen hebben dan kunt u contact met ons opnemen.
VEHICLE LIABILITY AND LIABILITY REDUCTION OPTION
New Zealand’s statutory, no-fault Accident Compensation scheme covers everyone in New Zealand injured in an accident. Accordingly, Britz does not accept any liability for personal injuries sustained during the rental. Except where such loss or damage is caused by Britz’s (or that of its employees) own negligence or breach of the Britz Rental Agreement Terms and Conditions, Britz does not accept liability for any loss or damage to any personal belongings or property of the Customer (or any person or entity related to the Customer). Britz strongly recommend that all people travelling in New Zealand take out personal travel insurance to cover injury or loss.
In the USA a liability is referred to as the “deductible”.
Unless the customer has purchased the Liability Reduction Option, The Bundle (in conjunction with the Liability Reduction Option) or the Britz Inclusive Pack, they must pay for the first $5,000 (for the HiTop and Voyager) or $7,500 (for all other campervans) worth of damage per claim where they are at fault (Exclusions apply). This is applicable regardless if the hirer has purchased private travel insurance.
Where the customer has purchased the Liability Reduction Option, The Bundle (in conjunction with the Liablity Reduction Option) or the Britz Inclusive Pack, their liability for damage will be zero. However, the customer will be responsible for the total costs of any damage, and the Liablity Reduction Option, The Bundle and the Britz Inclusive Pack (if taken) will be void if:
a) the customer breaches any of the Britz Rental Agreement Terms and Conditions terms and that breach is the cause of or contributes to the relevant damage.
b) the damage is covered by any of the exclusions in the Exclusions section set out below.
Damage includes any and all damage to third party property, and any and all damage to the rented Vehicle including windscreens, tyres, towing and recovery costs, theft, fire, break in or vandalism. The costs of any damage will include the cost of repairing the damage, and, where the damage is the customer’s fault, the cost of the daily rental rate for the period the Vehicle is being repaired. A processing fee of $60 and associated damage assessment fees is applicable per claim.
Any amounts payable must be paid at the time the vehicle is returned to a Britz branch, or by the due date set out in an invoice issued by Britz.
The maximum public liability is $20,000,000, sub limits may apply. Please note that the maximum public liability may change during the course of the year for which these terms apply.
BRITZ STRONGLY RECOMMENDS THAT OUR CUSTOMERS TAKE THE BUNDLE (IN CONJUNCTION WITH THE LIABILITY REDUCTION OPTION) OR BRITZ INCLUSIVE PACK.
The Liability Reduction Option, The Bundle (in conjunction with the Liability Reduction Option) or the Britz Inclusive Pack will not apply and the customer is responsible for all costs arising out of, or incurred in connection with:
1. Any damage caused by wilful misconduct (e.g. sitting or standing on the bonnet or roof of the vehicle) or driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs, or negligence.
2. Any loss or damage to personal belongings or property of the customer (or any person or entity related to the customer). Britz recommends the customer does not leave valuables in the vehicle and that they take out personal travel insurance.
3. Any damage where the customer is charged by local authorities for being careless, showing gross negligence or willfulness in failing to abide by the local road rules.
4. Retrieving or recovering a vehicle, which may include, but is not limited to a vehicle that has become bogged, submerged, caught, trapped, stuck or restricted in anyway and/or has been abandoned, in each case in circumstances within the control of the customer.
5. Replacing keys, which have been lost or stolen, or retrieval of keys which have been locked in a vehicle.
6. Overhead and underbody damage to the vehicle however caused, except where Liability Reduction Option or the Britz Inclusive Pack has been purchased. 7. Any single vehicle rollover except where The Bundle (in conjunction with Liability Reduction Option) or the Britz Inclusive Pack has been purchased.
8. Damage caused to the vehicle because total load (kg) has exceeded recommended load as stated in vehicle manual. Vehicles are not to be used for the purpose of transporting and haulage of goods other than what might be reasonably expected of a leisure rental.
9. Damage caused by drivers not identified on the rental agreement and/or drivers whose licence has been cancelled or suspended and/or drivers who have a licence that is classified as a learners or probationary licence.
10. Any damage caused to the vehicle due to the use of snow chains.
11. Any damage associated with the incorrect use of fuel (fuel being diesel or petrol), which includes Bio-Diesel which should not be used, or water or other contamination of fuel.