VerzekeringLet op; onderstaande teksten zijn in het Engels weergegeven, dit is een kopie van de voorwaarden van de verhuurder.
Mocht u vragen hebben dan kunt u contact met ons opnemen.
VEHICLE LIABILITY AND LIABILITY REDUCTION OPTION
Personal injury is covered in most cases through Registration Third Party insurance. Maui does not accept any liability for personal injuries sustained during the rental nor for any loss or damage to any personal belongings or property of the customer (or any person or entity related to the customer). Maui strongly recommend that all people travelling in Australia take out personal travel insurance.
In the USA a liability is referred to as the deductible.
All vehicles are insured for the damage to the vehicle or to the property of a third party. The hirer is responsible for the first $7,500 (the liability) of the cost of any damage to third party property or to the rented vehicle, including single vehicle accident (does not include single vehicle roll over), windscreen and tyre damage, towing and recovery costs, theft, fire, break-in or vandalism with the exception of the Exclusions. This also includes the cost of the daily rental for the period the vehicle is being repaired. In addition to these costs, an administration fee of $60 may apply, per claim. The liability applies in respect of each claim, not rental. The $7,500 liability can be reduced by purchasing the Liability Reduction Option or the maui Inclusive Pack.
1 Liability Reduction Option
Cost per day Liability reduced to
$45 (maximum charge $2,250) NIL
When the Liability Reduction Option has been purchased, the hirer will have no liability at all with the exception of the exclusions.
The maximum public liability is $20,000,000, sub limits may apply. Please note that the maximum public liability may change during the course of the year for which these terms apply.
MAUI STRONGLY RECOMMENDS OUR CUSTOMERS TAKE THE MAUI INCLUSIVE PACK FOR TRAVEL WITH PEACE OF MIND.
If the Liability Reduction Option or the maui Inclusive Pack is not taken, the customer must pay the Liability Deposit. The Liability Deposit is $7,500 and is applicable regardless if the hirer has purchased private travel insurance.
The customer must provide a valid credit card to pay the Liability Deposit and the amount will be debited to the customers credit card on the day of vehicle collection. The credit card holder must be present and able to sign for the Liability Deposit upon vehicle collection. The credit card holder is jointly and severally liable for any damage to the rental vehicle. Any type of pre-paid travel card is not acceptable as a means to provide a Liability Deposit.
The Liability Deposit is subject to a 2% credit card administration fee in addition to the Liability Deposit amount when the credit card used is either a Visa or MasterCard or 5% when the credit card used is American Express. The credit card administration fees are subject to change.
The Liability Deposit is fully refundable, including the 2% credit card administration fee, if the card used to provide the Liability Deposit is a Visa or MasterCard credit card, provided the Vehicle is returned undamaged. maui recommend that customers use a Visa or MasterCard credit card for the Liability Deposit, as the credit card administration fee that applies when using American Express is not refundable.
The Liability Reduction Option will not apply and the customer is responsible for all costs arising out of, or incurred in connection with:
1. Any damage caused by wilful misconduct (e.g. sitting or standing on the bonnet or roof of the vehicle) and driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs and negligence resulting in damage to the hired vehicle or third party vehicle/property.
2. Any loss or damage to personal belongings or property of the customer (or any person or entity related to the customer). Maui recommends the customer does not leave valuables in the vehicle and that they take out personal travel insurance.
3. Any damage where the customer is charge by local authorities for being careless, showing gross negligence or wilfulness in failing to abide by the local road rules, resulting in damage to the hired vehicle or third party vehicle/property.
4. Retrieving or recovering a vehicle, which may include, but is not limited to a vehicle that has become bogged, submerged, caught, trapped, stuck or restricted in anyway and/or has been abandoned.
5. Replacing keys, which have been lost or stolen, or retrieval of keys which have been locked in a vehicle.
6. Overhead and underbody damage to the vehicle however caused, except where Liability Reduction Option or the maui Inclusive Pack has been purchased.
7. Any single vehicle rollover except where the maui Inclusive Pack has been purchased.
8. Damage caused to the vehicle because total load (kg) has exceeded recommended load as stated in vehicle manual. Vehicles are not to be used for the purpose of transporting and haulage of goods other than what might be reasonably expected of a leisure rental.
9. Damage caused by drivers not identified on the rental agreement and/or drivers whose licence has been cancelled or suspended and/or drivers who have a licence that is classified as a learners or probationary licence.
10. Any damage caused to the vehicle due to the use of snow chains.
11. Any damage associated with the incorrect use of fuel (fuel being diesel or petrol), which includes Bio-Diesel which should not be used, or water or other contamination of fuel.
12. Any water related damage which includes, but is not limited to, vehicle submersion, contact with salt water, creek or river crossings, driving through flooded areas and beach driving.
13. The customer has fitted accessories (as provided by maui or otherwise) to the vehicle incorrectly or otherwise in a manner which causes damage to the vehicle, the accessories or any other vehicle or property.
14. Using the vehicle in contravention of any legislation or regulation controlling vehicular traffic.