VerzekeringLet op; onderstaande teksten zijn in het Engels weergegeven vanwege het mogelijk verkeerd interpreteren van de voorwaarden.
Mocht je vragen hebben dan kun je contact met ons opnemen.
We strongly recommend that renters ensure they take out the highest level of Travel Insurance.
The Vehicle has third party insurance cover. It is likely that any other vehicle involved in an accident also has third party insurance cover. Depending on the circumstances of the accident, the renter may be entitled to claim for their personal injury against the third party insurance of the party responsible for the accident. The extent of such third party insurance varies in different States and Territories and Cheapa Campa strongly recommends that all passengers take out their own Personal Injury Travel Insurance. If the renter is responsible for the accident the Vehicles third party insurance should cover the renter for the liability except where the renter has committed a breach of the Vehicles third party insurance, e.g. drink driving.
The Vehicle is insured for damage to it or damage to the property of a third party. However the renter is responsible up to the amount of the applicable Liability for the cost of such damage to third party property, or to the rented Vehicle. The renter is also responsible for the cost of demurrage for the period the Vehicle is unavailable due to repairs. The Liability applies in respect of each claim, not per rental. In addition to the Liability an administration fee of $75 will be charged per claim.
The Liability is applicable regardless of who is at fault and must be paid at the time the accident is reported to Cheapa Campa, not at the completion of the rental Period. Cheapa Campa reserves the right to charge the renter for any vehicle damage including Third Party property damage not reported on return of the vehicle.
The below Standard Liability and Liability Reduction Options do not include windscreen and tyre damage (renter is responsible for windscreen and tyre damage at all times).
|Hitop and 2 Berth ST||Cost Per Day||Bond||Liability|
|Liability Reduction Option 1||$18*
(max charge $630 i.e. 35 day rentals)
|Liability Reduction Option 2 (VIP cover)
(Included in the Value Pack)
(max charge $980 i.e. 35 day rentals)
|4 and 6 Berth, 4WD camper and Cheapa Trailfinder camper||Cost Per Day||Bond||Liability|
|Liability Reduction Option 1||$24*
(max charge $1,200 i.e. 50 day rentals)
|Liability Reduction Option 2( VIP cover)
(Included in the Value Pack)
(max charge $1,950 i.e. 50 day rentals)
* The minimum amount payable for each reduction option per rental segment will be based on the minimum rental period applicable for your rental.
In addition to the Liability an administration fee of US$75 will be charged per claim.
4WD Additional Cover
This additional cover for $AU199 is available when either Liability Reduction Option 2 (VIP cover) or the Value Pack has been purchased. Coverage with this offer will protect the renter for:
- Accidental damage to the over-head and under-body sections of the 4WD Campervan*
- Unlimited tire and windscreen cover
- Damage to the Awning
- Unlimitied Kilometres
- Towing and vehicle recovery costs from 4WD roads where permission from Cheapa to travel on these roads has been granted
* Overhead and underbody damage is not covered in the event of a single vehicle roll over.
This protection does not cover single vehicle rollover.
For security purposes, only a credit card can be used to provide a Bond. With the Standard Liability and Liability Reduction Option 1 the bond will be debited to the credit card account immediately.
When the bond is debited a non-refundable credit card administration fee will apply of 4.5% for American Express and Diners Club and 2% for Visa, MasterCard, Visa Debit and MasterCard Debit.
With Liability Reduction Option 2 (VIP cover) the Bond is payable to Cheapa Campa by an open signed credit card imprint with an authorisation obtained (sufficient funds must be available) for $250.
The credit card holder must be present and able to sign for the Bond upon vehicle collection. The credit card holder is jointly and severally liable for any damage to the rental vehicle.
The Bond is fully refundable when the vehicle is returned to the correct location on time, is full of fuel and all other terms of the Rental Contract have been complied with.
If there is damage to the vehicle on its return, the Bond will be used to cover the cost of such damage up to the amount of the relevant Liability.
However, if the terms of the Rental Contract are breached and the Bond is insufficient to cover the damage then any extra cost will be charged.
Refunds by credit card including bond refunds can take up to 21 working days depending on the renters Financial Institution.
Bond Roll Overs are permitted for multi hires only within the same brand and same country when the bond is banked.
At all times the renter is responsible for:
- Damage caused where the terms of Rental Contract have been breached.
- Damage caused by negligence.
- Damage caused to the Vehicle in any way by part or total water submersion or salt water.
- Damage caused due to a single vehicle roll over.
- Damage caused to tyres and windscreen except where 4WD Additional Cover has been purchased.
- Damage caused to the Vehicle by the renters wilful conduct.
- Damage caused to the Vehicle when using the Vehicle in contravention of any legislation or regulation controlling vehicular traffic.
- Damage or loss caused to any personal belongings.
- Damage caused due to use of incorrect or contaminated fuel.
- Damage to the awning, overhead or underbody of the Vehicle.